It’s Tuesday night, the kids are running around making you crazy. You don’t want to cook, but you know everyone needs to have their daily servings of veggies. Here is the easiest soup recipes you’ve ever made in your life.
– 1.5 kilo cauliflower chopped (3.3 lbs; either one huge head or two normal sized ones will work)
– 2 to 4 carrots peeled & chopped ( I saw two to four because it depends on if you like them, have a bag that needs using up in the fridge, etc.)
– 700 mL water (3 cups)
– 1 white onion, chopped
– however much garlic you want, I’m not here to judge. We use a full bulb but we like it garlicky, our daughter- does not.
– 1 cube of veggie broth
– salt & pepper to taste
How to do it:
-Get that water boiling with the cube of veggie broth.
-Once boiling throw in the onion, garlic and carrots and let cook for about five minutes while you chop up the cauliflower.
– Throw that chopped cauliflower in the water and cover the pot for 15-25 minutes while it softens
-Once the cauliflower is cooked through, grab a hand blender and puree it.
– Add salt & pepper to taste
There you have it, the easier soup recipe that your kids probably won’t love but you will. Serve it with a fresh loaf of bread and vegan butter.
*you could also throw in other veggies that need using up such as leek, potato, celery, etc.